CCV — the forum for carers in Camden
Camden Carers Voice (CCV) is the forum for all carers and former carers living in Camden, or caring for someone who does. It meets five times a year to campaign and lobby for carers rights.
CCV is carer-led, drawing on everyone’s skills, talents and abilities. It is managed by a Steering Group* which represents the interests of carers. The aims of CCV are to have:
· The necessary and best care for those we love;
· Recognition of a carer's needs to be able to continue to care;
· Understanding of our legal position to choose and be willing to care;
· To ensure everyone knows that carers are entitled to a life of their own;
· To meet with, and join, other carers to campaign for these rights.
*In early 2017 the Steering Group
- Submitted a letter to the Royal Free Hospital regarding the cut in night services for people with mental health issues.
- Through Camden Mobility Forum is campaigning to ensure available, accessible and fairly priced transport options for people needing care and their carers.
- Has been asked to participate in a focus group about services for carers, as well as consultations on housing for the elderly, day centres and financial contributions.
CCV wants to know what issues are important to you. So if you want to get involved, and perhaps help to shape the way CCV works, please contact Philippa Russell at Centre 404 on 020 7697 1336 or email email@example.com
Future CCV meeting dates will be added shortly.