Are you a carer?
A carer is a person who helps and supports another person who cannot manage without that help.
The person you care for could be either an adult or child, with
- A medical or long-term condition
- A physical or learning disability
- Sensory impairment
- A mental health condition
- Substance dependency
Camden Carers offers information, advice and support to unpaid adult carers (18+) living, working or studying in Camden, or caring for someone who lives in Camden. Camden Carers is also the gateway to a wide range of services provided by other local organisations and agencies working with carers in Camden.
Camden Carers offers a friendly, confidential service to adult carers in Camden, based on their needs. Services include:
- Information, advice and advocacy
- Emotional support, including counselling
- Specialist training around the caring role
- Social outings, events, activities and group meetings
- Day opportunities for people with mild-moderate dementia and their carers
- Young adult carers (18-25) project
- Carer engagement and carers’ forum (Camden Carers’ Voice)
- Health checks and workshops
- Hospital discharge support
- Urgent brief breaks
- A wide range of opportunities for volunteering.
Most of our services and activities are available free of charge to any unpaid carer who lives, works or studies in Camden or cares for someone who lives in Camden. Check here for up to date information:
RAISING AWARENESS IN THE WORKPLACE