MARY WARD CLINIC
We hold a weekly clinic here at Camden Carers, run by a Welfare Benefits expert from Mary Ward Legal Centre.
The main issues that can be dealt with in the clinic are:
- Any benefit challenges/disputes/tribunals
- Attendance Allowance, DLA and PIP applications and super cessions (ie when there is a change of circumstance)
- Housing benefit claims which have been refused.
- The clinic cannot assist with new ESA claims but can provide support around disputes
- The clinic cannot assist with Carers Allowance forms unless with PIP or DLA forms
The clinic runs from 10am – 1pm each Friday. Please contact us on 020 7428 8950 if you would like to book an appointment. If the matter that you require support with is something that cannot be dealt with in our clinic then a Support & Wellbeing Worker will help you access other appropriate support services.
Click here or picture for A-Z list of Benefits Advice
URGENT BRIEF BREAKS
What is urgent need?
‘Urgent need’ is where action is required to prevent a situation worsening or harm developing, for example when a carer:
- has a health crisis or a medical or dental emergency
- is on the point of collapse or exhaustion
- has a family emergency – death, accident, etc.
- a household emergency, such as flood or power failure
- sudden, unexpected change in the cared-for’s condition or situation.
(Planned events or appointments do not qualify, e.g. planned admission to hospital; outpatients appointments; holidays or social events; on-going difficult situations.)
What can we offer?
Each case will be evaluated individually, and if all other available options have been explored, one of the following might be offered on a temporary basis:
- 24-hour home care
- travel costs of a friend or relative who will take over the care
- increase in current day centre provision
- day home-care provision – new referral or temporary increase
- payment for the carer to go away from the family home – fares to visit friends or family for a break, or a short stay in a hotel, or carer respite provision.
Referrals can be made by a professional or by carers themselves.
For more information please call 020 7428 8950 or email [email protected]
Carer's Allowance, Made Simple. Click here to find out if you are eligible for £3,497 per year to support you in your caring role.